GeM Portal Registration & Login
gem portal registration for seller/ buyer @gem.gov.in GeM Portal Login benefits tender search product price list
The full form of GEM is “Government e Marketplace”. As a result, this portal serves as a focused and open online marketplace for the selling and buying of goods for various organizations and departments. In this marketplace, any private or governmental entity may trade. So the government created this website for government officers to attend to various day-to-day government organizations for the public sector. The elimination of corruption, as well as increased transparency and effectiveness in government employment and procurement, are the main objectives of the gem portal.
For government agencies at the federal, state, and local levels to buy large quantities of services and goods, the gem portal provides an online platform that offers transparency and han design. A gem marketplace is a location where vendors and buyers can list goods for option or direct purchase. There are rules and regulations that must be followed, and all they need to do is register. Then the highest bidder gets the item.
Also Read : PM Samagra Swasthya Yojana
What is Government e-Marketplace (GeM)?
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a dynamic, self-sustaining and user-friendly portal for making procurement by Government officers. It is an online platform for public procurement in India.
- GeM Initiative was launched on August 9, 2016, by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, GoI.
- Development of GeM Portal: Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D) with technical support of the National eGovernance Division (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) has developed a GeM portal for procurement of both Products & Services.
- Government e-Market (GeM) is hosted by the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal.
GeM Portal Objective
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) aims to create an open and transparent procurement platform for government buyers.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) facilitates online procurement of common-use Goods and Services.
Performance of GeM
- Since the inception of GeM, the cumulative Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) reached INR 1 Lakh crore over 4 and half years, on 23rd March 2021.
- On the other hand, the GMV of GeM in the current Financial Year surpassed Rs. 1 lakh crore (Ts. 1 trillion) in less than a year, representing a 160% growth compared to last FY.
- The number of orders has also surpassed 31.5 Lakh in the current financial year with growth at the rate of 22%.
- States continued to be an important stakeholder with approx. 30% contribution to total GMV.
- 57% of the total business on GeM has come through the MSME units and over 6% has been contributed by female entrepreneurs.
- It may be noted that the number of women sellers and entrepreneurs on GeM has grown 6 times in a year.
- There is also a 44% increase in the number of Services compared to last FY with a 25% contribution in the total GMV (Rs. 25,000 Crore).
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) Advantages
- Provide transparency and ease of buying
- Offers rich listing of products for individual category of goods/services
- Direct purchase for amounts upto INR 25000
- L1 purchase for amounts greater than INR 25000 and less than INR 5 Lakhs
- Proprietary Article Certificate Bid- Procurement of specific product as per requirement
- Price Trends and Price Comparison From Multiple Suppliers
- Direct notifications to sellers
- Integrated Payment System
- Easy to comprehend interface to search, compare, select and buy
- User friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies and payments
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution
- Float bid among population of 3 lakhs sellers
- Buyers can now select bid duration between 10 & 21 days.
- Delivery period upto 180 days
- Option to provide multiple consignee locations and quantity
- Multiple consignee can be selected for Services
- Pin-code based seller selection for Direct Purchase Mode
- ATC library available for addition of terms and conditions
- Additional Deductions can be applied by buyers at the time of bill generation
- Notification to buyers regarding:
- expiry of DP (Delivery Period) for the contract
- Initiation of cancellation of contract in case of non-delivery by sellers
- Buyer during technical evaluation can make a MSE seller eligible or ineligible for MSE purchase preference.
- Now buyers get the option to cancel the Product contract(s) even if the invoice has been generated by seller provided 15 days have expired from delivery period.
- 11 Banks have enabled GeM Pool Account
- To improve fair participation in Bid / RA, GeM now ensures that at least 3 sellers have participated and offered products from at least 2 different OEMs.In case buyer wants to proceed with less than 3 Resellers or two OEMs/Brand, they have to upload approval from Competent Authority.
- Access to National Public Procurement market
- No charges or fee for getting registered
- Special provisions and sections for startups, MSMEs and Emporium products
- Fully online, paperless and contactless platform
- A list of prerequisites for the seller registration has been made available so that it becomes a guide to the seller during registration https://gem.gov.in/support/sellers/?lang=english
- Brand application and brand approval process has been revamped for sellers
- Multiple invoice for single order
- Easy access to participate in bids/reverse auction
- Clock has been enabled in RA to display remaining time for seller participation
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution
- All sellers will be shown reasons for rejection
- Seller friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies & payments
- Business Cockpit has been enhanced with additional parameters in existing report as well as new chart widgets based on OEM and MAIT recommendations
- Seller belonging to North East states and J & K are exempted from ITR at the time of bid participation
- Dynamic Pricing- Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Direct access to Government departments and their organizations.
Also Read : Udyam Registration Process
Documents Required for Registration on GeM Portal
In order to register or to use the gem portal, the following documents are needed to continue:
- Wants to register must have his ID card or Aadhar card.
- Importantly applicants must have a pan card for GEM registration.
- Applicants must have a bank account and bank details are needed to continue the services of Gem Portal.
- GST certificate is also required.
- CIN (Company Information Number)
- Registered Office
- Factory, warehouse
- Applicants must have an MSME certificate.
GeM Portal Registration for Seller
If you are a seller and you need to register yourself on the gem portal, you have to follow the following steps in order to continue:
- First, you need to open the official website of Gem Portal https://gem.gov.in/.
- You will have the option of signing up in the menu on the home page.
- Click on it and then you will be shown the options whether you are a buyer or a seller.
- You have to click on the option of the seller and a new page will be opened in front of you.
- On the new page, there will be terms and conditions.
- You have to click on the terms and conditions, then a document PDF type popup will appear in front of you and you have to click on the tick that you accept the terms and conditions.
- After accepting the terms, a firm will show up in front of you. First, you have to type up the business or organization type in the drop-down menu, whether you have a company or firm for proprietorship trust or government agency. Then you have to type in the organization’s name.
- Then you have to click on the next button.
- And then you have to fill in the personal details.
- You will be given two options whether you want to register yourself through a PAN card or an Aadhar card. Whatever option you choose, you have to fill in the details from the cards accordingly.
- After you choose a card and enter details, you have to verify that card. Verification may take the email address to verify.
- Once verified, you will be registered successfully.
- An account is created. You need to log in by going to the home page and clicking on login and giving the credentials such as user id and password to log in.
- Then you have to update your profile. You need to validate 4 things, company details, office location, bank account details, and PAN validation.
- The vendors must first open a bank account that is linked to the GeM portal, deposit the caution money, and then offer their goods and services or brands.
- Sellers can easily participate in gem bidding and receive orders.
GeM Portal Registration for Buyer
If you are a buyer and want to register yourself on the gem portal, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Gem Portal.
- You need to find the option to sign up on the home page and then select the buyer option.
- Then you need to click on the button of the terms and conditions and then accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox button.
- You have to fill in the form with your Aadhaar number and mobile number, which is linked with your Aadhar, and then OTP will be received and then you have to click and verify the number.
- You must then complete the account registration form by entering your username, password, and email address before clicking the “Create Account” button.
- You might need to verify the email address also.
- You need to go to the homepage and click on the login button to login through credentials such as user id and password.
- By selecting the “User” button in the top right corner of the homepage, choosing “Add user,” entering the secondary user’s information, and then selecting “Add,” primary users may establish secondary users.
|Like on FB
|Join Telegram Channel
|For Help / Query Email @
Press CTRL+D to Bookmark this Page for Updates
If you have any query related to GeM Portal Registration then you can ask in below comment box, our team will try our best to help you. If you liked this information of ours, then you can also share it with your friends so that they too can take advantage of this scheme.