PM Kusum Yojana 2023 Apply Online, Eligibility Criteria
pm kusum yojana 2023 apply online application form pm kusum scheme 2022 eligibility solar pump loan subsidy in hindi kisan urja suraksha utthan mahabhiyan kusum solar pump yojana online registration apply online for pump set subsidy scheme कुसुम योजना किसान ऊर्जा सुरक्षा व उत्थान अभियान योजना 2022 सौर कृषि कुसुम योजना प्रधानमंत्री कुसुम योजना check registration process & pib official notification solar agricultural pumps for subsidy
PM Kusum Yojana 2023
Under Kusum Yojana, the state government has set a target to convert 17.5 lakh diesel pumps and 3 crore agriculturally useful pumps into solar pumps in the coming 10 years. This is an important scheme for the farmers of Rajasthan. An initial budget of Rs 50,000 crore has been allocated by the government to install solar pumps in the fields of the farmers of the state and to promote solar products.
Under Kusum Yojana, application can be made through both online and offline means. Under this scheme, application can be made for setting up solar power plant and for leasing land. The list of all those applicants who have registered for leasing out their land will be displayed by RREC on the official website. All those citizens who want to take land on lease for setting up solar power plant can get the list of applicants from the website of RREC after which they can contact the registered applicants and apply for setting up the plant.
If online registration is done by applicant then applicant will get Application ID. The applicant must keep the print out of the application form safe with him in case of online application. If the applicant has applied offline, a receipt will be given to the applicant, which will have to be retained by the applicant. To apply, all the important documents have to be submitted by the application.
Also Read : Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
Purpose of Kusum Yojana
As you know that there are many states in India where there is drought. And the farmers cultivating there have to suffer losses due to drought. Keeping this in mind, the central government has started PM Kusum Yojana, the main objective of this scheme is to provide free electricity to the farmers of the country. Under this scheme, to provide the facility of solar panels to the farmers for irrigation as they can irrigate their fields well. Through this Kusum scheme, the farmer will get double benefit and his income will also increase. Second, if farmers generate more electricity and send it to the grid. So they will get the price for that too.
Kusum Yojana Application Fee
Under this scheme, the applicant will have to pay an application fee of ₹ 5000 per MW and GST to apply for a solar power plant. This payment will be made in the form of Demand Draft in the name of Managing Director, Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation. To apply, the application fee for 0.5 MW to 2 MW is as follows.
|Mega Watt||Application fee|
|0.5 Mega Watt||₹ 2500+ GST|
|1 Mega Watt||₹5000 + GST|
|1.5 Mega Watt||₹7500+ GST|
|2 Mega Watt||₹10000+ GST|
Period of installation of solar power plant under Kusum scheme
After applying under Kusum Yojana, the concerned department will issue a letter of authorization to the SPG for setting up a solar power plant. It is mandatory to set up solar power plant within a period of 9 months from the date of issue of letter of authorization. If the solar power plant is not installed within this period then penalty will have to be paid. This penalty will be levied as per the terms of the PPA.
It is mandatory for the solar power plant to maintain at least 15% annual capacity utilization factor during the PPA period. If the capacity utilization factor is less than 15%, then in this case compensation will have to be given. If the documents submitted by the SPG are found to be incorrect then the application is liable to be rejected at any stage.
Components of Kusum Yojana
There are four components of Kusum Yojana which are as follows.
- Solar Pump Distribution: During the first phase of Kusum Yojana, the Electricity Department, in collaboration with the Central Government Departments, will make successful distribution of solar powered pumps.
- Construction of Solar Power Factory: Solar power factories will be constructed which have the capacity to produce electricity in sufficient quantity.
- Installation of Tubewells: Tubewells will be set up by the government which will generate certain amount of electricity.
- Modernization of existing pumps: Modernization of existing pumps will also be done Katha old pumps will be replaced with new solar pumps.
Under the first draft of Kusum Yojana, these plants will be set up in infertile areas, which is capable of generating 28000 MW of electricity. In the first phase, 17.5 lakh solar powered pumps will be made available to the farmers by the government. Apart from this, the bank will provide an additional 30% of the total expenditure to the farmers in the form of loan. The farmers will have to bear only the upfront cost.
Estimating financial resources
On setting up the project by the farmer
|Solar power plant capacity||1 Mea Wat|
|Estimated Investment||Rs 3.5 to 4.00 crore per MW|
|Estimated Annual Power Generation||17 Lakh Unit|
|Estimated Tariff||₹3.14 Per Unit|
|Total Estimated Annual Income||₹5300000|
|Estimated Annual Expenses||₹500000|
|Estimated Annual Profit||₹4800000|
|Total estimated income over a period of 25 years||12 crore rupees|
On lease of land by the farmer
|Land requirement for 1 MW||2 hectares|
|Power generation per megawatt||17 Lakh Unit|
|Permit Lease Rent||1.70 Lakh to 3.40 Lakh|
Also Read : PM Krishi Udan Scheme
Kusum Yojana Earnest Money and Project Execution Security Amount
If the solar power plant is set up by the applicant with his own capital under the Kusum scheme, then in this case the earnest money will be deposited by the applicant at the rate of ₹ 100000 per MW. This amount will have to be given in the form of a demand draft and bank guarantee in favor of the Managing Director, Chairman, Energy Corporation.
The validity of this bank guarantee will be at least 6 months. This amount will be refunded 15 days after successful applicants sign the PPA. Apart from this, SPG will have to deposit project performance security at the rate of ₹ 500000 per MW for setting up solar power plants. This amount will be deposited in the form of bank guarantee in favor of the Managing Director, Chairman, Corporation. The validity of this amount will be 15 months. This amount will be refunded after 30 days from the date of commissioning of the project.
Beneficiaries of Kusum Yojana
- Group of farmers
- Co-operative societies
- Farmer Producer Organization
- Water consumer association
Benefits of Kusum Yojana
- All the farmers of the country can take advantage of this scheme.
- Providing Solar Irrigation Pump at subsidized price.
- Solarization of 10 lakh grid connected agricultural pumps.
- Under the Kusum scheme, in the first phase, 17.5 lakh irrigation pumps running on diesel will be run on solar energy. This will reduce diesel consumption.
- Now the pumps irrigating the fields will run on solar energy, there will be a boost in the farming of farmers.
- This scheme will generate MW of additional power.
- Under this scheme, farmers will be given 60% financial assistance from the central government for installing solar panels and the bank will provide 30% loan assistance and only the farmer will have to pay 10%.
- Kusum Yojana will be beneficial for those farmers where the state will suffer from drought and where there is a problem of electricity.
- There will be electricity for 24 hours by installing a solar plant. Due to which farmers can easily irrigate their fields.
- The additional electricity generated by solar panels, the farmer can sell that electricity to government or non-government power departments, from where the farmer can get the help of Rs 6000 for 1 month.
- Whatever solar panels will be installed under Kusum Yojana, they will be installed in the barren land, so that the barren land will also be used, and income will be received from the barren land.
Eligibility of Kusum Yojana
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Under Kusum Yojana, the applicant can apply for a solar power plant of 0.5 MW to 2 MW capacity.
- The applicant can apply for 2 MW capacity in proportion to his land or the capacity notified by the distribution corporation (whichever is less).
- About 2 hectares of land would be required per MW.
- Under this scheme, no financial qualification is required for the project with own investment.
- If the project is being developed by the applicant through a developer, then it is mandatory for the developer to have a net worth of Rs 1 crore per MW.
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Copy of registration
- Authorization letter
- Copy of jamabandi of land
- Net worth certificate issued by Chartered Accountant (in case of project development through developer)
- Mobile number
- Bank account statement
- Passport size photograph
State Wise Direct Link of Kusum Yojana
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|West Bengal||Click Here|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||Click Here|
|Dadar and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
Helpline Number :
- Contact Number- 011-243600707, 011-24360404
- Toll-Free Number- 18001803333
|Like on FB||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|For Help / Query Email @||[email protected]
Press CTRL+D to Bookmark this Page for Updates
If you have any query related to PM Kusum Yojana then you can ask in below comment box, our team will try our best to help you. If you liked this information of ours, then you can also share it with your friends so that they too can take advantage of this scheme.